Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Lively Tuesday, yet again... (plus a movie review!)

Is it not getting boring yet? huh... Well, I honestly have no clue what I should post about. So I'll let words flow somewhat seamlessly through this keyboard I am typing on. (hint: this keyboard kinda sucks, as does my typing skills.)  Blogging has gotten somewhat boring for me at the moment, I need something to make it less boring. Things need to happen in my life so that my posts won't be so boring :P Sorry about that by the way.

What happened last week? ah. On Thursday I worked for Sam again, and on Friday we were gone all day.
We left to retrieve Benny, the long lost brother, from that lofty mountain where he resides. We left the house at precisely 3:45 and arrived at our destination at exactly 4:45. It was a one hour trip up to that mountain. After we got Benny out of his stranded state, we went to a picnic, which Benny got $50 to attend, (but don't tell anyone.) We left the picnic around 7:50, and went home. We brought Benny with us. We didn't want to leave him up there almost all alone... On Saturday I went to a family reunion with Mom and Dad. That was.... interesting...

On Sunday we had parish at the Tooze's. but not very many people came. After I pulled out the wonderful guitar that is currently in my possession and played it for a little bit, (the Decemberists are awesome :D ) it was time to go. We went to the Phelans for Kaitlyn's going away party. That was pretty fun.

And on Monday, (yesterday), I watched the movie 'Equilibrium' for the first time. It was a pretty entertaining movie, Starring Christian Bale, Taye Diggs, Emily Watson, and more.


The movie is set in a future where there has been a third world war, and because they believe that humanity could not survive another, they made a drug to take away from humans what makes them most human. Their emotion. In this future, to feel emotion is their worst crime. They call the people guilty of the crime "sense offenders." Christian Bale plays as John Preston, a well renowned cleric, who has for the first time neglected to take his daily emotion-draining drug. As he becomes more and more 'emotional', he starts to side with a clan of sense offenders known as "The Resistance" (very good Muse album, by the way). And so he sets out to find the Underground, the hiding place of the Resistance. The movie is rated R for violence, but if I were rating, I would probably rate it PG-13. It wasn't that gruesome. Sure, it was a little suspenseful, but there wasn't hardly anything in there that would make me rate it R.

I would say anyone over 11 should be fine watching the movie (of course that should be first decided by their parent or guardian.) I personally liked the movie, and thought it was entertaining.


On a similar, but not the same subject, there is going to be a Doctor Who second half of season premiere party this Saturday that I fully intend to attend. It should be fun :D

But I'm out of things to say, and my keyboard seems to be growing weary, although that actually might just be my fingers. Strange.... oh well.
I'll just sign off then.

--

2 comments:

  1. That movie is one of my favorites. I'm surprised you haven't seen it yet, it's been out since 2002, or close to.

    I'm glad you guys remembered Benny. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Same here! I have had nothing to blog about so my posts have been short and boring. XD :P Life needs to become a leeettle more interesting :P

    I have never seen that movie...I guess I should watch it sometime, eh? :P

    ReplyDelete