Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Lively Tuesday...... started up again?

I don't know. I'll really know if it's started up again or not when a bunch of people vote. Anyways, I might as well do it for now.

Where to start? I went to Family Camp a few weeks ago; I'm pretty sure you all know that by now. Most of you were there with me. Not necessarily with me, but there. So, as most of you will probably know, we had Talent Night on Thursday night rather than Friday night. I would like to start a discussion on this topic: What are the upsides and downsides of having Talent Night on Friday? For me, personally, I think it's better to have it on Friday night for a number of reasons: One: There's more time for the performers to practice. Two: It's a great end to the week, that way, it can go along directly with the slideshow. For downsides, I think I only have one. which would be this: people are too busy practicing for Talent Night throughout the week, they don't have as much time to spend with whoever they want to spend time with. Personally, that's not really a problem, because I rarely do anything planned. I have fun, but I hardly ever do anything on the schedule.
Did I mention I did 4 songs for Talent Night this year? Development by Antoine Dufour, The Twisted Life of Tommy Jones pt. 2 by Myself, This Time from August Rush, and Say Uncle by Vienna Teng.

But the best performance by far was this:

Lord of the Rings Delight by Rosemary Arnold


yeah. Jesse called them back up onto the stage after that. They received a standing ovation. Apparently Wes started it..... hmm.....

Well, last week (the week after family camp) began with a four-day sickness for me. And after that, we had Joshua, Lucy and Esther over to spend the weekend with us. That went....well.....

Anyways, earlier today we (the group I put together) practiced for the second time. Of course, we sounded good (again).  Charity wanted to play guitar, and so both Forrest and I got a chance to try bass. Is it strange that I learned Hysteria within about 4 minutes? hmm... you couldn't have expected any less...

And that's what's happened with me over the last few weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment