Saturday, November 13, 2010

A Weather / The Blue Man Group

So somewhat recently I learned of a new band called "A Weather" I came across this group while searching weather history in Oregon (I was very scientific about tornadoes that day.) Well anyways, I've been listening to them quite a bit recently, and if you are on facebook, or rather, friends with me on facebook, you would have heard about them by now.
Anyways, I really enjoy this band and they are a high influence on some of my more recent songs. Also, I notice that there are very few bands that sound quite like this group, except for maybe the Decemberists.
I would highly recommend this band were it not for their tendency to sing inappropriately at times.
But hey, the Decemberists are one of my very favorite bands, so what can I say there?

Another band I have been listening to a lot lately is a not well known group (like A Weather) called "The Blue Man Group" The beat from their song "Persona" has been driving me insane and is probably the beat for at least 2 new songs of mine by now. Although, that beat is super amazing... This group amazes me with their strange ideas for instruments that they use as drums (or rather, percussion.) For example: A piano on it's side with the top off, this has been used, also they used some sort of pipe for many, many other songs, especially a song called "Drumbone." I would recommend this group if you don't have youngsters that are afraid of blue people.

But anyways, tomorrow is Sunday and it's getting late, sleep has become a great blessing in the time of getting up every morning at 6:30, and I have to get in my daily favorite song down in my book without waking Joshua, so I must go to bed.

Good Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment